Webinar for Business & HR Leaders : Lead the Change
The Royal Commission into the Banking, Superannuation, and Financial Services Industry revealed a new leadership imperative based on trust and integrity – one that connects people and engages them meaningfully toward a greater good, and empowers people through change.
We need authentic and agile leaders who can adapt to the changing conditions and bring others with them on the ahead journey ahead.
Does your organisation have the leadership bench strength it needs?
This webcast is for HR and Business leads in Financial Services:
- CEO’s and Business Directors/General Managers
- Directors and General Managers of HR, P&C, OD, and Talent
- Heads of HR, P&C, OD, and Talent
- HR Managers, HR Business Partners, OD Mangagers, People and Culture Managers
Webinar Friday 8th November – 12:15 – 1pm
(By registering, if for any reason you can’t attend the webinar, you’ll still receive a recorded version of it)
“At the heart of change is changing how people think. Leaders who don’t know how to bring people with them and empower them through change will be left behind”
Organisations need authentic and adaptive leaders who can lead sustainable change
Balancing managing today and creating tomorrow requires leaders with different thinking, skills, and behaviours to adapt and lead others through uncertainty, complexity and change. Leaders today need to be vulnerable and strong, steady and agile, accountable and innovative – which is not easy in challenging environments.
Organisations can only be as adaptive as the leaders within them.
Mid-level leaders face these common realities
- Leaders under pressure to do more with less are often ‘too busy’ to meet the needs of their team.
- While leaders want their people to ‘speak up’, they also operate within larger cultural sytems that reward playing safe.
- Leaders themselves are technically competent and experienced, but lack the leadership toolkit they need to drive engagement.
- Leaders who are not self-aware and who lack confidence will let their own limits get in their way.
- Leaders understand the push to work collaboratively without knowing how to lead this way of working.
Often leaders are asking themselves “Do I have what it takes?”
You want an engaged workforce where people bring and be their best. Where people feel safe to talk about the things that matter to them. Where people will go the extra mile to achieve great results.
Underpinning the new leadership imperative is leaders able to:
- Shape positive mindsets
- Drive engagement
- Promote teamwork and collaboration
- Improve culture
- Lead effective change
- Build capacity
The leaders who are the most adaptive will have the most influence
Are your leaders ready for the leadership challenges ahead?
In the webinar I’ll be talking about:
- How financial services leaders meaningfully connect in and empower people through change
- The four leadership benchmarks that drive engagement the most
- How leaders develop ‘speak up’ environments that are inclusive and psychologically safe.
- The keys to authentic and adaptive leadership and the best way for leaders to learn these skills.
The Royal Commission investigation provided important lessons in ‘doing the right thing’ in a spirit of integrity, transparency, and accountability. This spotlight on leadership and culture comes at a time when disruption through automation, digitisation, AI and innovation is changing the game.
Not only that, people today want more than a job – they want to be shown how to succeed. People want to feel heard, valued and recognised. They want a ‘purpose’ that extends further than the job.
Organisations with authentic and adaptive leaders who know how to put people first by creating cultural environments that support people bringing and being their best will outperform those that don’t. This is the critical key to leading successful transformational change.
‘The central issue is never strategy, structure, culture or systems. The core of the matter is always about changing the behaviour of people’ – John P Cotter
We needed a dynamic speaker and trainer to present a series of workshops to our high potential women across four business units. Toni delivered strong and practical messages with humour. It was also a really nice touch for us to be able to gift a copy of Toni’s book ‘Your Bigger Game’ to our team members too.
Working with Toni has enabled me to get out of my own way, lift my confidence, and become more effective as a leader. She’s given me practical tools and models that I can apply every day.
Toni is an astute coach and mentor who challenges your thinking and gives you the space to connect the dots yourself. Upon transitioning into my role at a new company, I bought Toni along with me to continue my coaching and I’m grateful I did as the results have been evident. I trust her implicitly and her wise councel has been spot on. We’ll continue to engage Toni in our business to align our leadership to where it needs to be.
Toni is a highly skilled executive coach, mentor, trainer and facilitator. Toni brings a fresh, grounded approach focused on boosting leadership impact and effectiveness.
With an extensive blue-chip commercial background, Toni brings over 20 years’ experience in building and leading high-performance teams. She has authored two leadership books including ‘Influence From the Inside Out’, and her next book on transformational leadership is underway. Toni is a Telstra Women’s Business nominee .
Toni has worked with Westpac, CBA and smaller financial services firms. Her multi-industry client base includes: AGL, HCF, Stockland, Metro Trains, FleetPartners, Sunshine Coast Council and Exablaze.